Monday, March 26, 2012

Migas

When I was doing my normal morning routine of checking all my blogs on my google reader, I stumbled upon this recipe on one of my favs, 1cupawesome. I knew I had to make it. I made a few changes, simply because I didn't have a jalapeno and I selfishly wanted to save the avocado for some chickpea avocado smash. (but that's another story) I've not made migas before, so this was any body's guess as to how it was going to turn out.
Chop everything up, scramble the eggs and get to ready cook!
 First, put the chorizo in a med-high heated pan and let the fat render out. Throw in the tortilla strips.
 Toss the tortilla strips in the fat from the chorizo, cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to crisp up. (if there isn't much fat from the chorizo, add 1-2 tbs of olive oil.
Toss in the onions, let them cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add in the scrambled eggs. Cook until the eggs are almost done, then add the tomatoes and cheese. Stir until cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
 Put into a bowl and add cilantro. If you're PB and love spice, throw on some sriracha sauce first and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment